When you open a music-file, MusiCAD shows it on the main screen.
- The button (or <F12>)toggles between notation bar (line view) and main screen (page view).
- Clicking on a measure takes you to the notation bar to edit.
- Clicking on the header will bring up the title data.
- Clicking on the margins displays the page layout.
- Ctrl-click to add or remove annotations in that spot.
- Right-clicking brings up the context menu to the main screen:
In addition to the main screen, MusiCAD has other ways to view your music.
- edit mode: The usual way to make changes and input music
- MusiCAD file format: The 'underwater screen' the music as it is saved in text format.
- piano roll view: music in midi view
A number of fixed shortcut keys can be used in the main screen:
|<F4>||Recalculate and rewrite a screen page.|
|<F5>||Switch between full width and full page view (see also zoom).|
|<F11>||Switch between full screen (without menus, toolbar etc) and normal view|
|<F12>||Toggle between Edit and Normal View|
|<PageUp>||Scroll to previous screen|
|<PageDown>||Scroll to next screen|
|<ctrl-N>||Create new melody|
|<ctrl-O>||Request another melody|
|<ctrl-Q>||Piano roll view for melody|
|<ctrl-S>||Save current melody|
|<ctrl-T>||Show or hide playlist when playlist is visible|
|<ctrl-U>||Text rendering of melody in MusiCAD notation|
|<ctrl-Z>||Undo last action|
In addition, a number of keys have template files associated with them.
You can also assign custom templates to the available template shortcuts.